Thursday, October 12, 2017

Recommendation: "Feminist Fight Club: An Office Survival Manual for a Sexist Workplace"

With the news that Jessica Bennett is now the gender editor at the New York Times, I'd like to suggest her book, "Feminist Fight Club : An Office Survival Manual for a Sexist Workplace" to you.


I reviewed the book for Manhattan Book Review earlier this year. You can find my review here.

One of the most surprising statements the book makes is that even women can create a hostile work environment for other women. Why some women continue to work against one another, I'll never know.

The best we can do is to examine ourselves to ensure we're fostering an inclusive environment. We can always work on being our best selves for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Mediocre" is a good addition to your anti-racist readings

This past weekend, I finished "Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America" by Ijeoma Oluo. I have not read her first boo...